Search & Win

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cold Night,, Hot Soup...

This is the finished product, I realized I uploaded my pictures in the wrong order so we are going from finish to start instead of start to finish...



I cooked it on med for about 12-15 minutes then added 2 cups of frozen corn and 2 cups peas also frozen, however I did heat them up before adding and then I let it heat through the soup.

I browned beef stew meat in a skillet before adding it to the presure cooker.

I added a cup of natural crushed tomatoes from Sprouts.


This is cut up cabbage and big peices of carrot and potatoe, I also added about 3 cups water and 2 beef bullion cubes.
This whole meal for a family of 5 plus leftovers was:
meat: $3.41- 1.5 pds.
cabbage:.89 cents
carrots:$1.00 -1lb.
potatoes:.50 cents- 2 lb.
peas:.97 cents - 16 oz.
corn:.97 cents - 16 oz.
canned tomatoes:$1.00 on sale
Total=$8.74



No comments: